Saturday, August 27, 2016

Playful Super Totes + Hexie Pillow

Hi there,

I've been busy sewing. I caught the #100Days100blocks train and am busy sewing blocks which I will show on the next post.

I also tried to make some more items for my shop - 2 Super Totes done!  This pattern by Anna of Noodlehead is very versatile, I've made a few of super totes already!  I used the Playful linen cotton from Cotton and Steel for the exterior and paired it with the grey gingham. I used flex-foam for the interfacing which makes the structure strong (the bag can stand on its on, if it's balanced...) and it cushions the items you put inside. I printed the pattern at 90% and did a zippered inside pocket.




At 90%, there is still plenty of room for stuff!

Next, I tried my hand at a hexie pillow. I've made these hexies long time ago but never put them together in a project. I'm glad that they are finally being used. I used a technique that skips sewing the hexies down first.  But making the hexies line up for quilting is really tricky, as you can spy some uneven line and unmatched points.  I think next time I will mark the background fabric first, then place my hexies.



At least it's all ready for the guest room! And my daughter said "It's pretty!" 

Puts a smile on my face~
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment