Wednesday, August 17, 2016

DIY Lanyards


I made a batch of lanyards this week. With September approaching, I'm getting ready for my Bible Study Fellowship group. I'm facilitating a group of 12 ladies this year for the first time. As group leaders, we make name tags for our ladies. I felt that lanyards will work much better than safety pins, so I got to work, and these came out quickly!

I turned to the trusty google search and soon found several tutorials. In the end, I use the Bias Tape method. I used my bias tape maker, some key rings and some J hooks, and of course fabrics.
I cut my fabrics in to 2" strips from my yardage, make them into bias tape and sew them along the long side. (Go to the trusty google for bias tape making tutorials.  wink wink.)



Then I folded the tape in half and cut them into 19" while folded (so 38" total).





 Next I put the raw edges into the key ring, then positioned the ends as below. One longer than the other.


Then I fold the longer end over the shorter end. Then fold both ends over the key ring.





Then just sew them together!  I did two lines of stitches to secure it.  Put on the hook and TA-DA!


No comments:

Post a Comment