Saturday, July 23, 2016

The Splendid Sampler Blocks (#7-21)

Hello friends,

I've been catching up on my Splendid Sampler blocks. This is a year long sew-along hosted by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan, the 6 inch blocks are designed by many many talented designers and bloggers. Go check it out! http://www.thesplendidsampler.com/ 

Are you ready for some eye candy? Hope you like them!  Some blocks I like a lot, and some not as much. But I'm glad to be using and trying many different techniques. Okay, here you go...

Block #7 Snug as a Bug 
Here I cut out precious liberty scraps for the quilt. My hand embroidery needs work, but I'm okay with this one.
Block #8 Friends around the Square
Love that cotton and steel gray and purple combo.


Block #9 Local Quilt Shop
Gray and purple again with a pot of mint.


Block #10 Iowa
How about Gray and purple AND pink? I think I'm loving it too!


Block #11 Crocheted Thought
I used variegated floss here. The ombre color change is a nice effect on the outer lines, not sure if I love the effect for the center flower.  


Block #12 Checkerboard


Block #13 Scrap Star


Block #14 Flying High


Block #15 Family Affair
This is a paper pieced block. I have no problem with the templates but my issue is when I put the templates (the 4 squares) together.  Maybe there's a trick I don't know about? Maybe I need more precision and pins?


Block#16 Pieces of Friendship
That yellow gold adds another pop! Definitely one of my favorite block!


Block #17 Family Stars


Block #18 Lina's Gift
Going for low volume here, maybe too quiet?


Block #19 Measure Twice, Cut Once


Block #20 Nature's Walk
Here I used Minki Kim's Sew Illustrated technique and draw with threads instead of hand embroidery.  Minki is so talented with her thread drawing, check out her blog! I think I like it.  Using even smaller stitch length (1.4) is very helpful with the curves.


Block #21 Sweet Candy

Thanks for reading. What is your favorite so far?

:)
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment