Saturday, July 23, 2016

Summer Post I

Hi there, it's been a while.

We had a busy May and June. A cousin's wedding in early June brought lots of relatives over to celebrate and tag along a Seattle tour.  Then my parents visited from overseas for 3 weeks. It was great having lots of families visiting (we only have 2 other relatives living nearby), but it was also great that everything is back to normal after 2 months.

I was able to sew some Super Tote and pouches (both patterns by Noodlehead) with Cousin A, whom wanted me to show her bag making process.  We printed the pattern at 90% because the tote is for a niece.  I also wanted to experiment a smaller size since my original Super Tote is a bit too big for a 5 ft tall me.

We used flex foam as our interfacing on both sides and gusset, it turned out well! The only down side is that it's not fusible, it's only basted. But if you like, you can probably add another layer of fusible so the cotton sticks to the foam real well. Outside fabrics are cotton and steel.  Don't you think that dark grey goes so well with the turquoise? I hope a certain pre-teen loves it!







I was also able to sew up 2 cute pouches for my kids' teachers for end of school year gifts. That paper clip fabric gives me all heart eyes! 


Ready for school supplies! or not!


Cousin A. also brought me some rainbow zippers. Have you seen those?  Those shiny rainbow zipper teeth are really special! To show case them, I choose monotone black/white and grey/white fabrics and made more zippy pouches for Cousin A! (I made up the pattern using an old zipper pouch).




Hope you are enjoying your summer so far, it's almost August, can you believe it?

smiles,
Eunice

No comments:

Post a Comment