Thursday, April 14, 2016

Patchwork Party #9 & 10: Pets and Fabric stash

#9 Pets and Quilts
Cotton and Charcoal on Rag Quilt


Guinea Pigs and Quilt

Meet Cotton & Charcoal. Our first family pet guinea pigs. We adopted them from a shelter this January.  My older daughter picked the white gentle one and named her Cotton, my son picked the black one and named her Charcoal, Charcoal is pretty jumpy and shy.  My husband wanted to name her Ninja, but it was vetoed.

I made this baby lovey rag quilt 2 years ago, in the beginning of my quilting journey.  I made it by following Angela's tutorial on Crafty. http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/02/making-a-rag-quilt-tutorial/   It was nice little project, I only wish I had made it bigger.  So now, it hangs on my shelf in my sewing room.  Maybe I will give it to my youngest daughter for her baby dolls.


#10  Stacks of Fabric
Tula Pink and Tasha Noel, Fabric Stash

It was hard to choose which stacks of fabric to photograph and post.  In the end, I went the easy way.  I just took a picture of my stash of Tula Pink and Tasha Noel that was already in a basket.  I got my Tula Pink when a local quilt shop went out of business, and I just love the cute farmer girls picture in Tasha Noel's "Vintage Market."  They are just waiting for the perfect project.  For now, they serve as eye candy and inspiration! That's important too, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment