Friday, April 8, 2016

Patchwork Part #7 & 8 : Thread and Paper-Piecing

#7 Pretty Thread


Pretty Threads
Don't you love these variegated threads? The colors are so delicious!!  I bought a box of this embroidery floss some time ago, and I still need to find a perfect project for them!! But for now, they serve their purpose as eye candy and color inspirations!



#8 Paper-Pieced Project



"Succulent", Arizona Family Trip

I grabbed this "Succulent" pattern by Amanda from Material Girl Quilts when she offered it as a free pattern.  Yay for me!!  It was the perfect memory quilt for our family trip to Arizona in 2013. Reminds me of all the cacti and the big Saguaro we saw.  They were AMAZING!!  It also reminded me of how big USA is!  It's so big that we have 3 time zones, and very different weather patterns from snowy to deserts!  Not to mention how diverse our cultures are.  Truly, traveling is the best teaching experiences for us.  If you can keep an open mind and adventurous attitude, it really humbles me.  We all live in America, but we experience America very differently!

No comments:

Post a Comment